Thursday, 26 September 2013

Blog Reflection - WEEK THREE

This week I was searching for a song to use for the music video. I used unsigned.com as there were hundreds of artists I could chose from. It took a while to find an artist, but I realised that I couldn't be too picky, so I chose the next person I liked and that was Amy Piner with her song, The Break Up Song. This isn't the greatest song, however I realised that the words of the song were very meaningful and therefore it had potential of being a successful music video, especially because it's about love and heartbreak. I then had to ask for permission to use her song, and analyse her lyrics, where I discovered in more depth about the song and how much I would be able to play with it and have many different outcomes from it.
Also this week I done beach combed 4 music videos so that you can see what types of videos I find interesting and so that I could see how they reach their target audience.
I also done a representation post, on different theories and how different artists are portrayed in music videos. This gave me an idea on what to follow and what to avoid.
Also this week I looked at theories of representation and genre, such as Andrew Goodwin's Voyeurism, which gave me an insight in to how I should portray my artist and what key things attract certain audiences, when it comes to how an artist is portrayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment