Monday, 9 September 2013

What have I learnt so far...

Last year, I learnt many new things whilst doing all of my work. This includes things such as, digital technology, research and planning and post production. When it came to digital technology many things were included such as, hardware, software and online things. When using hardware, I used cameras and video cameras. These were used when it came to filming and also during planning as I had to take pictures of the locations I was filming at. I have developed my skills a lot from the beginning of last year. 

At the beginning of the year I done a continuity excercise and filmed at that time. At the end of the year I had done an opening sequence using the same camera and it is clear to see how my skills have developed. I used many different softwares throughout the year. This was for things such as, typography, editing, and just presenting my work better of my blog. This included, iMovie, LiveType, Photoshop, Final Cut, Word Excel and Powerpoint. I developed many skills by using all of this software especially when it came to Livetype and iMovie as these were the two most important things I used when it came to editing. 


The online technology included, Youtube, Blogger and Issuu. these were the three main things that I used and I think I used them very well. It was the first time I had ever used blogger and I have learnt to do pretty much everything on this. I had also never used Issuu before and I found this was great as I could post things that I had done on Word and Powerpoint which made my blog look much better and more interesting. I also had never embedded something from Youtube until last year and I now know how to do that aswell. 


During planning, I mainly just done research on the internet and used Youtube very often. This is because I had to find out a lot about British Social Realist films and found that I had to look at a lot of videos on Youtube in order to watch videos related to what I was doing. During my planning I done a vox pop, in order to find out what my target audience would like to see different in British Social Realist films in order for me to make a creative idea that would appeal to them. This was the first time doing this and I think it had a great affect. It was easy to go and look at again so I could remember what people had said as it gave full length answers with a lot more detail than if I done a questionnaire. In post production I used technology in my video, sound graphics and images. In my video I used Youtube mainly as it was what I put my final piece on. I think that this was the best way to publish it as it is easier to view things on there whereas other things would be difficult and not really easy to get access to. 


When doing my sound, I never used any technologies as there were mainly natural sounds. However me and my partner thought that an opening sequence needed a bit of sound and therefore searched for copyright free music online until we found something and placed that on to our final piece. 


The technologies used when doing the graphics were Livetype and Dafont which is an online website full of unusual fonts to make our work different from everyone else. It was the first time using both of these technologies and I think that they were both used well within the work that I done. The technologies used when doing images were quite simply a camera which was simple to use. 


The genre of my final piece of work was a British Social Realist film and there were many themes in this. I done a lot of research in to this and had to come up with a good narrative with an appropriate theme for it. I also had to select my camera language and mise-en-scene carefully as there were many different things I had to be careful of when doing this. I think I done well at sticking to all of the conventions of a British Social Realist film and I think if I was giving another genre I could do just as well and stick to the conventions of that also.

No comments:

Post a Comment