Monday, 16 September 2013

Blog Relection - WEEK TWO

I have learnt many different styles and techniques this week due to the video remake to Macklemore's Thrift Shop. There were many styles that I didn't actually know existed, and was intreged with the things that I saw in certain music videos, as they weren't the regular thing especially surrealism. This is the first time I have filmed and edited for a music video and I found that it is a lot more difficult than filming and editing anything else, like the opening sequence I done last year. The style I filmed in was Interpretative, which is definitely not a style I want to work with. However, I am glad that I done this as I am now more aware of the different ways I can film and edit my music video, even though it is a lot more technical that I thought. I also made a blog post which included examples of a lot of the different styles and techniques, which included a music video of each type. I analysed them, saying why they are the type that they are and pointed out the clear characteristics shown. This definitely helped me, especially when it comes to me watching music videos, as I am now able to notice what makes one music video one and another music video the other. I think that doing this task also helped me think of how I wanted to do mine and realize how hard some of them may be to actually do myself, even though they look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment